CALL FOR ORAL/POSTER PRESENTATIONS – ONLINE SUBMISSION ONLY
The Emirates Physiotherapy Society is proud to announce the call for abstracts for the 8th Biennial Emirates Physiotherapy Conference 2022. The Scientific Committee invites individuals to submit abstracts for either oral and or poster presentations.
Abstracts must contain original scientific data collected by the author(s). All reports must be based on work that has already been completed. No studies "in progress" will be accepted. Any established research design or method may be used.
- 15 March 2022 – Call for Abstracts
- 13 June 2022 – Last date for submission of abstracts
- 11 July 2022 – Accepted presenters will be notified
- 25 July 2022 – Last date for registration and payment for presenters
- Updates in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Sports Related Injuries and Rehabilitation
- The Applications of Technology in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Practice
Language: All abstracts are to be written in English. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to edit abstracts where the English structure makes comprehension difficult.
Submission: All abstracts must be submitted via the abstract portal on the website and should include the following:
Title: The research title
Author(s): Please provide the name(s), organization(s), position(s), address, phone number, fax number, email address. Presenter: Please provide a short biography about the presenter.
Purpose: Research reports: What was the major reason for undertaking the project?
Any secondary objectives?
Methods: What principles, methods / methodological approaches, materials did you use?
Results: What were the main findings from your analysis?
What have you concluded from the study?
What are your suggestions for future work?
What are the implications of the project?
How will the results be translated into physiotherapy practice / management/ education / policy?
Ethical Approvals. (Not Applicable for Systematic Reviews): All experimental studies should be approved by at least one ethical committee. Please indicate the ethical committee/s that approved your research.
Funding acknowledgements: Please acknowledge all funding sources that supported your work. If the work was unfunded, please state this.
Publication/previous presentation/award(s): Please indicate if your work has been published or not, presented in a major conference prior to Physio UAE 2018 or not, or if it has won any award or not.
You will be notified of receipt of your abstract by email. If you do not receive an email within two weeks of submittal or have any additional queries please contact, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts will be evaluated through a blind review process and scored based upon the following criteria:
- Relevance to the conference topics
- Relevance / interest to the physiotherapy community
- Scientific merit of research (including methodological rigor and contemporary contribution to knowledge)
- Quality, clarity, and completeness of abstracts
ORAL PRESENTATION SPECIFICATIONS:
Should your abstract be approved for a platform presentation, the scientific committee will allocate your presentation in the program. The date and time of your presentation will be communicated by Conference Secretariat. A copy of the PowerPoint presentation may be requested for further appraisal, and to submit it for the CME accreditation committee.
Failure to submit the power point presentation will result in cancellation of submission.
If your abstract doesn’t fit within the scientific sessions’ themes, or that we find other abstracts that better fit the conference scientific program, you will be notified to present your work in a poster presentation.
POSTER PRESENTATION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Information should be summarized using brief written statements, graphic materials, such as photographs, charts, graphs, and diagrams mounted on standard size poster boards (84 cm X 110 cm), pins or other mounting materials will be supplied.
- Authors must prepare all posters beforehand to enable easy mounting. NO printing facilities are available at the venue. Following acceptance of submission by the scientific committee the poster must be submitted in soft copy. Failure to submit the poster will result in cancellation of the submission.
- Poster orientation must be portrait (84 cm X 110 cm). Clear labels must be used for each section of the poster. Text should be typed and of sufficient size for easy reading at 1.5 meter (between 18-20 points). Posters with any handwriting on them will be withdrawn from the display.
- Title must be displayed clearly at the top of the poster and should include the names of the author(s) and the affiliation.
POSTER DISPLAY AND PRESENTATION:
- Poster presenters are responsible for mounting and taking down their poster during the conference during the time allotted.
- Specific times and locations will be communicated by Conference Secretariat for mounting and dismounting the posters.
- Designated times for poster presentations will be incorporated into the conference.
- Poster presenters should be available to discuss their posters with the conference participants during these periods and during the lunch/coffee breaks.
- Depending upon the number of poster presentations accepted, posters may be on display throughout the conference
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to make the final decision about the abstract acceptance and its scheduling into the program based on topics and time constraints.
- The language of the conference is English.
- All abstracts must be prepared using the abstracts submission guidelines.
- Each presenter may submit a maximum of two (2) abstracts.
- Each abstract submission must indicate if the material was published or presented in any prior conferences or if it received any awards
- All presenters must register and pay the fees to attend the conference before the registration date mentioned in important dates and be present at the time of the conference. Failure to register for the conference will result in cancellation of the submission. A discount of 10% will be provided to all presenters for the registration fee.
- A certificate of appreciation will be given to all the presenters to honor their presentation. This is in addition to the attendance certificate that is issued to all participants.
Fee or payment of travel /living expenses or registration charges will NOT be provided and must be arranged by the participants. Payment and registration should be processed before registration deadline for presenters